As a little girl growing up on a farm in Indiana, Nancy learned to do things well, get them done quickly, and move on to the next chore that needed to be done. She brought that tenacity and grit to her professional world, serving for 20+ years in the YMCA movement before managing her own business for 12 years. Along the way, God taught her that people are always more precious and important than a to-do list, and that a life without solitude and quiet bears little fruit. The lessons were difficult, requiring increasing quiet, trust and obedience.
A slow transformation began to unfold as she learned to listen and surrender – from farm girl to wife, leader to servant, from speaker to listener, and executive to encourager. She discovered how to accomplish more by doing less. Today Nancy mentors and equips women leaders to choose well, lead well, and love well.
“Jesus Christ is the foundation of my life. He is, therefore, the source of my personality, the basis of my confidence, and the cause of my success. Since confessing Him as Lord in 1982, I have learned to delight in Him. My heart’s desire to to help others discover the breathless wonder of Jesus and to equip them to choose well, lead well, and love well.”
– Nancy Reece
Mentor. Coach. Teacher.
- Lead Consultant with the Human Capital Group, Inc.
- Participating Faculty, Lipscomb University Graduate College of Business
- First female board chair elected for the Association of YMCA Professionals in 130 years
- Board chair, Mercy Community Healthcare
- Board member, International Christian Ministries
- Board member, Brentwood Chamber of Commerce
- National Management Consultant for YMCA of the USA
- Senior Vice President of Leadership Development for the YMCA of Middle Tennessee
- Executive Director, New City YMCA Family Activity Center, Cabrini Green Housing Project, Chicago
- Author, Undivided Hearts: Tender Wisdom for Tough Choices, a Bible study for women leaders
- Author, Integrity First Column, Nashville Business Journal
- Mentor, Bush Institute Women’s Initiative Fellowship
- Mentor, Christian Leadership Alliance